About Your Wildlife Guide:
Alan's a local tablelander who grew up on western Cape York Peninsula. His interest in natural history has been life long.
While earning his living as a teacher Alan led botanical, geological and birding tours for various local, interstate and international interest groups and operators.
Your guide is a member of various professional bodies including Savannah Guides, has been a national park volunteer since 1994, is active in local conservation organizations and has his skills utilized for training by government and independent bodies. He has worked for many of the well-known international and national documentary makers as a consulting naturalist and appeared in a few television shows.
Alan has a wealth of amusing stories from personal experience to illustrate his points about the plants and animals his guests see. All permits and insurance are covered including a current senior first aid certificate.
Alan's years of birding and spotlighting can offer you a great wildlife experience because:
- Alan lives on the Tablelands and visits these great birding areas on a regular basis.
- He knows what species are here, what time of year and where to find them.
- He keeps records of what has been seen recently and where.
- Alan continues learning about the area he loves.
- He loves sharing his knowledge but is empathetic enough to remain silent when needed.